Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lazy Lasagna

Way back in 2008 I was rooming with my dear friend Erika. She introduced me to baked ziti and I fell in love. Since then I have been making my own versions of it (okay they are not that much different, just with penne instead of ziti usually). Here is the recipe for it. I am going to call if lazy lasagna, because that is the first thing that popped into my head.

1 lb ground beef
spaghetti sauce (1 jar or some homemade, whichever you prefer)
1 box noodles (penne, ziti, etc)
1 16 oz container cottage cheese
1 handful shredded cheddar cheese

Cook the ground beef. Then add the spaghetti sauce.
While the beef is cooking you will be cooking the noodles
 After the noodles are done add them to the sauce, mix well, then add the cottage cheese. Blend all 3 ingredients together.
Poor that into a casserole dish, top with cheese and cover.
Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes. Uncover for the last 5 - 10 minutes.

Enjoy! I like to serve mine with corn and break sticks.






No comments: