Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies

My Aunt Jeanette gave me a fun little cookbook as a wedding gift full of her favorite recipes. It is one of my favorite cook book and this recipe came from that cookbook. It has become one of my favorites over the last year and a half. These are my Great Grandma Davies chocolate chip raisin cookies. They are sooo yummy, plus they bring back great memories of my grandma, who passed away almost over 2 years ago. I prefer these cookies over any other and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies
This first step you will want to do about an hour before making the cookies, either that or you can put the mixture in the freezer while mixing the other ingredients.
Add 1 cup water to 2 cups of raisins and boil for 5 mins. Let cool.

Cream Together:
1 C shortening
2 C sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Then add:
3 1/2 C flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg

To make sure the spices are evenly disturbed I usually mix the above ingredients together in a separate bowl before adding to the creamed mixture.

Next add:
Cooled raisin mixture and chocolate chips (I use a full bag, but you can use as many or as little as you would like).
Drop by the spoonful onto greased or nonstick cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 mins or until golden brown.
My favorite way to eat these is to dip them into a glass of cold milk. Seriously the best!

3 comments:

MyFudo™ said...

My favorite is to chill them a bit and it as is. This is a really wonderful recipe. This is gonna be a weekend favorite.

Laura said...

Beautiful pictures! These look delicious cause I'm a big fan of cookies!

Heather Sellers said...

Thank you Laura! I am a photographer- but food photography is a whole new world to me.